Sunday 13 January 2013

"Change"; resolution part 2

change
verb (used with object)
1. to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone: to change one's name; to change one's opinion; to change the course of history.
2. to transform or convert (usually followed by into  ): The witch changed the prince into a toad.
3. to substitute another or others for; exchange for something else, usually of the same kind: She changed her shoes when she got home from the office.
4. to give and take reciprocally; interchange: to change places with someone.
5. to transfer from one (conveyance) to another: You'll have to change planes in Chicago.

Here's another batch of my "25" resolutions of the year!


6. Perform 3 muscle ups.
Muscle ups aren't the point here, nor is the exercise. The specific point I want to be at, I feel, is capable of doing 3 muscleups in a row.

7. Finish COT.
Well, Canon of Thunder has been a long time coming. A very long time indeed. I started that book nearly a decade ago, and I think it's time I stop rewriting it and actually move on to something more interesting. It's time to actually finish the book, rather than rewriting.

8. Finish Elemental Poems
This one is a bit tricky to explain. And that's part of why I'm trying to. A lot of things are very central to my being, as I describe it, and don't fit well into words. I'm just motivated towards actions and ideals with little conscious language to explain it. Beyond all that, I'm a poet on the side and I had a grand idea for an anthology of poetry to chronicle and close the book on some darker stages of my life. By opening the anthology with poetry of the good times, by literally creating that life anew, destroying it myself, and molding the ruins into something hopeful again I think it will help me move on with life.

7. (Yes, I realize I'm repeating, but I didn't when I first wrote these in my notebook) Make a soufflet!
Soufflet girl? Doctor Who? Sounds fun. My cousin could make these when he was still in elementary. Time for the big boy to give it a shot.

8. Finish Star Trek TNG.
One of the things that has held me back the most in life is my age. My age is always a factor. I'm between clicks and I don't quite know why. For the most part I was too old for a lot of my groups. I didn't like their bullshit immaturity so I tried to find more mature groups. This meant people a bit older than myself and the unfortunate reality is that they almost always see me for my younger age. Only my body is young. Really. So I need to build that cultural cache that my copatriots already have to really compete at the same level. That means finishing TNG. Only 2 seasons to go. ;)

9. Average 2 coffee dates a month.
:) I love the people close to me, and what better way to celebrate friendship than with company of friends? And what better place to celebrate good company than with good food and drink, in the sunshine, specifically when the elements are bad and you're glad to be out of them? There are a few special people I'll be spending a lot of time with, if I can manage it.

10. Treat the lovelies twice.
Of those special people the lovelies are certainly included. "Treat" means supper. "Supper" has nothing to do with time of day and refers purely to the biggest meal of any given day. So, treat the lovelies to supper at least twice in the coming year, on myself. Might be a bit stretched what with the trying to buy a new $2K desktop.

No comments:

Post a Comment