Thursday 24 January 2013

"Alchemy" - Resolutions Pt 3


al·che·my  [al-kuh-mee]

noun, plural al·che·mies for 2.
1. a form of chemistry and speculative philosophy practiced in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance and concerned principally with discovering methods for transmuting baser metals into gold and with finding a universal solvent and an elixir of life.
2. any magical power or process of transmuting a common substance, usually of little value, into a substance of great value.

Attempt to get through these ridiculous resolutions #3!


11) Be able to play two songs - any - without error.


This refers to the violin that I received for Christmas  I have always wanted to learn the violin but was always too young to teach myself. Perhaps now that I'm "mature" I can actually figure it out.


12) Finish a day, from morn to eve, without thinking of my behaviour by that point, or failing at being me.


Terrible grammar, activate! See, I have a problem with being me. On very nearly every day I have a moment where I fault myself for not having the strength of character to truly be me. I am often ashamed of my diseased mind and how it infects its way into my daily behaviour. I just want one day to go by without being ashamed of myself.


13) Write an entirely new novel for NaNo.


Every NaNo, I write something old, or spin something that I've already conceived. I need tgo actually write something new, and proper, and 50,000 words as to the spirit of NaNoWriMo.


14) Orchestrate enough material for the Steampunk Anthology.


When the individual running the Steampunk Writers group moved away, I offered myself to lead them into a glorious age of fiction creation. They were cool with me doing that but I haven't been doing my job very well. So I want to get out there and help generate enough material that our anthology will be something.


15) Get new glasses.


... long overdue. I'm half blind and they're held together with super glue.


Few, only 10 more. Hopefully I can getum done in only one more post. At most two.

No comments:

Post a Comment