Thursday 21 February 2013

Become - Resolutions; final


be·come  [bih-kuhm]
verb (used without object)
1. to come, change, or grow to be (as specified): He became tired.
2. to come into being.
verb (used with object)
3. to be attractive on; befit in appearance; look well on: That gown becomes you.
4. to be suitable or necessary to the dignity, situation, or responsibility of: conduct that becomes an officer.

In case you haven't yet noticed, these posts have been serving multiple purposes. One of the reasons I started the blog after the new year was so that I could post resolutions and through their explanations cover the personal about me kind of stuff. You're getting to know me through these, and I'm getting my posting done. Let's get to it.

16) Get 3 "A"s.

This one is really important because I don't get "A"s. I mean, I used to. I always got an A in sciences. No matter what the subject. For example, every single god damn Chemistry test I ever did I got exactly a 93. But in English I average a 63. Cat's out of the bag. Oh well. See, I am of the opinion that I am an artist with science brain. I can write, that much is certain, but the arts in terms of academia usually shun me.

17) Make 100 blog posts about anything, for any project.

Yup. There you have it. Also, this isn't my only blog. ;)

18) Read 5 non-required books.

The whole taking 5 English courses a semester really does you in for wanting to read for yourself. Now that I'm pretty much out of that vicious cycle, I'll be enjoying it a bit more. I'm also a terribly slow reader. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's a rebound symptom of my eye trouble (I can't follow movement very well). Point is, I read about as fast as it would be if spoken.

19) Start a blog.

... uh... covered that.

20) Play Gaa at Magic.

Gaa is my roommate, Magic is awesome. I got banned from the local geekery shop (story for another day) so I had to stop the geekery card tournaments. Found out my roommate used to play, we both still have decks, awwwwwhhh yis!

21) Get my licence...

Okay, anecdote time. I once lived beside the motor vehicle registration building (Canada's DMV), where I would go to do the permit test, and eventually take the actual test. I lived there for three or four years, a 10 minute walk away. Three or four summers went by and I didn't once bother. I'm a lazy person, okay? So now I've had my permit for god only knows how long. I can drive just fine, but haven't taken the road test yet.

22) Go somewhere unexpected... on purpose.

Oh man, look at this guy, he's so mysterious and romantic! No, really, whenever I get myself worked up, or fall down a bit too far I usually look longingly at the horizon. I often just want to walk, to try to reach the horizon (because it's an impossible goal that would bring me to surprising places).

23) Make someone proud enough to tell me so.

Signs I'm doing this right, eh?

24) Watch 4 movies I haven't yet seen, in one single day.

For fun.

25) Fight.

See, I got this from Angus. I could explain it, but I'll let you go over there and check it out if you're that interested. Though admittedly, I am having trouble keeping up with it.

Well, that's that. Those are my 25 goals of 2013. We'll see how this goes, ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment